Any event can have volunteer opportunities associated with it, and all volunteer opportunities must be associated with an event.
So to create an event that requires volunteers, do the following:
- Go to the classroom, grade, group page that the event is associated with. For example, if this is a homeroom party, go to that homeroom’s page. If you are creating a whole school event, go to the School/Events page.
- Click the Add Event button to the right of the Event/Sign Ups title
- Complete the information on the event, include start and end times, description and name.
- Click the Create button. The event will be saved and the form will close.
- To add volunteer opportunities, click the paper icon (with the corner turned down), then click the Add Volunteers link. This will take you to the Volunteer Management pages for the Event
- Add the Volunteer Time and Volunteer Stuff opportunities.
- Once you have added all of the opportunities. You can send a notice to the parents associated with event (the classroom, grade, group or whole school, depending on where you created the event). To do so, do the following:
- Click the Volunteer Messaging tab
- Fill out the form (subject, description) and chose to send the message to all parents
- Click the Send Message button. This will send a message to all of the parents with the details of the volunteer opportunities, and links to sign up. You will receive messages whenever a person signs up.